Monday, February 20, 2006

Looking forward to doing some service (Shane)

Hi this is shane,

I am having a good time so far down here in New Orleans. Some of the things that I have done so far is taking pictures of the damage, telling stories, and just having a great time with my team. I'm really looking forward to the rest of this trip because I really like helping out other communities.

While I was taking pictures on the bus and in the car I saw alot of houses that had the blue sheeting stuff on the top of alot of roofs - the "blue roof" is from FEMA to cover big wholes in peoples homes that are damaged. Another thing that I saw was how most of the signs from stores were knocked down because of the wind from the hurricane.

I can't wait until i do some community service projects, because that is going to make me really feel useful. Well its 8:31am now and i'm about to get off the computer and go do some other things so i will write again soon.

No comments: