Thursday, August 09, 2012

Less than 48 hours before we leave.......

In less than 48 hours we are going to be leaving for our Civil Rights Tour, so I asked young people to reflect on what they have learned so far and what they think they are going to get from the tour. Here is a reflection from one of our newer members..... My name is Lavar King. I am a member of Project HIP-HOP who is a rapper and Congo player. One of the good trainings we did this summer was Undoing Racism, taught by The People's Institute For Survival and Beyond. That training changed my views on my community and why it is being oppressed. We also attended the Playing for Change training, with Edgard from Brazil, which showed different ways of bringing different people together by dancing and playing cooperative games. I am expecting life changing experiences on the upcoming Civil Rights Tour that I am attending with Project HIP-HOP. I feel as if this tour is going to open my eyes and give me new thoughts on how I view the world I live in today. This Civil Rights tour is going to hit so many states where events have taken place and have been kept in museums and in the hearts of people that are gladly able to retell what they went through.

Free Blog Counter

No comments: